Friday, April 24, 2009

my rounded belly

Buddha's Belly Restaurant
7475 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 931-8588
http://www.bbfood.com/

price: $$
verdict: it's aight

buddha's belly reminds me of gingergrass in silverlake. it's like a "chic-er" cafe/restaurant that commands over-exaggerated prices for their food. don't get me wrong, the food is decent. it's just not "WOWZERS," hence the lack of enthusiasm on my part.

we started off our meal with the avacado and albacore eggroll. wow, pretty good! not so good is that they give you 5 cut pieces of one fried eggroll. teeny tiny! i'm not looking for behemoth quantity, but at about $8, i think they could spare another eggroll. we also ordered the edamame (you can't really go wrong on those) to snack on while we waited.

our entrees: my sis ordered their seared albacore burger with sweet potato fries. that was really tasty!! the albacore patty was a bit weird though because they incorporate corn kernals in the patty. the sweet potato fries were lightly battered, then fried. her dish was awesome.

my entree on the other hand was meh. i ordered the korean steak which ended up being ok tasting steak placed on a bed of stir fried veggies. i had brown rice to go with that. after a few bites of my dish, i started chomping on my sister's potato fries instead. mediocre food makes me so sad.

we didn't get any dessert nor did we order drinks so the bill came out to be about $24 per person including tip. street parking isn't the best because of neighborhood restrictions and there's valet if you want it. if i want similar eats, i'd probably go to gingergrass instead. both have meh asian fusion food, but one is closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails