Sunday, April 12, 2009

sashayed to the tropics

Cafe Tropical
2900 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323) 661-8391

price: $
verdict: it's aight

knowing full well i have a dentist appointment tomorrow, i threw caution to the wind and bought an unjustifiable amount of sweets at cafe tropical today...it must be my sweet tooth taking over my dinner choices again...the one that's going to get me into trouble tomorrow with my dental hygienist.

i brought home an apple turnover, guava empenandas, a chocolate eclair, and these flaky pastries that i have no idea the name of. they are all pretty scrumptious and just sweet enough for my tastes. i DID NOT eat them all on my own..oink, oink...i had to enlist the help of my sister so we both had a taste of everything. thank gawd because that left some room in my tummy for some "real-ish" dinner, a ceasar salad also bought from the cafe. the salad itself was a disappointment. it was mostly croutons and parmesean cheese, with a few sparse lettuce leaves added so it can pass as a salad.

i'm pretty excited about their pastry selection and will definitely return for their savory menu. but before that, i need to go brush my teeth like 10 times to get rid of all that sugar evidence. bad sweet tooth, bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails