Friday, April 24, 2009

happy hour at the border

Border Grill
1445 4th St
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 451-1655
www.bordergrill.com

price: $$
verdict: it's aight

i came here recently with friends for their happy hour. yum!! they serve $4 drinks (margaritas and mojitos amongst other libations) and $5/$7 dollar tapas to go with your drinks. you sit on the bar side if you want happy hour, but there is a separate area for regular diners.

i ordered a carnitas sope which was soooooo good. nice, tart, tangy marinade and the meat was so tender and flavorful. i could have eaten a few of those. i wanted to order some more tapas after i consumed that one order, but i didn't do so after having this conversation with my happy hour going companion:

me: are you going to order more tapas?
friend: no i'm getting full
me: i'm still hungry
friend: oh, you didn't eat lunch?
me: umm...yes i did.
friend: oh...you had an early lunch?
me: no

(in my head, i'm just thinking...maybe my belly can just sock away more food than the rest of yous...)

alas, i did not order more. i had to reevaluate why my belly can hold more food than other petite asian girls. other than crappy santa monica parking, this is a good find!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails