Friday, May 1, 2009

the first meal and also the best meal of the day

Madame Matisse
3536 W Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323) 662-4862

price: $$
verdict: tasty, try it!

when the weather is humid and the sun beats down on you with vengeance, it is probably a good idea to eat indoors. i am not one to sit outside and sweat over my food just so i can have the southern california dining experience. you can call me names, but i won't budge on this one.

i ordered the 2 buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs, and chicken sausage combo. the pankcakes were dusted in powder sugar and was tasty. the portion is pretty huge so eating half was good enough for me. the scrambled eggs were standard fare and the chicken sausage was butterflied before it was fried which gave it a nice crust. not to mention there was a nice kick to the sausage too.

my fellow bruncher ordered french toast. i was able to nab myself a slice. the french toast had a good crust to it but was a bit mushy in the middle. i didn't like that contrast in texture. it's served with a watery orange marmalade sauce which to an orange marmalade fan like myself, was too sweet after the initial dip.

my meal cost about $15 with tip included. i think MM is a keeper. i will have to go back to try some of their lunch items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails