Thursday, May 7, 2009

limey ceviche is goot!

Mamita Peruvian Restaurant
714 S Brand Blvd
Glendale, CA 91204
(818) 243-5121

price: $$
verdict: omg, i love it!

i had a seriously debilitating craving for ceviche one night and dragged my buddy down to mamita's to 1) satisfy my crave 2) to try out a peruvian restaurant that i've been hankering to try. i love killing two birds with one stone!

it was inevitable that my eyes were bigger than my belly once we situated ourselves in a booth. we ended up ordering a seafood soup (it's the first one on the menu under soups...forgot the name), ceviche mixto, fried calamari, and lomo saltado. the ceviche was ON POINT! delicious! i LOVED the sourness and the spicy kick to it. it satisfied my ceviche craving for sure and the squid and octopus tentacles were fabulous. the soup was equally delicious. very hearty and stocked full of seafood to pick from. the lomo saltado was probably my least favorite dish out of the four. the beef is tough and based on my previous experience at mario's, i'm beginning to realize that perhaps this dish is just not my thang. tough meat does not excite me unless it's beef jerky. the fried calamari was good...but then again, when are fried things ever NOT good?

the dishes are a bit on the pricier side, but the food is consistently good which helps sooth the wallet a bit. i would come back when i get my ceviche cravings again.

peruvian done right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails